Tarhuna, Aultgrishan, Melvaig, Gairloch, Wester Ross, IV21 2DY
0141 881 5985
f dot corrigan at ntlworld dot com
Eight miles along the coast road from Gairloch, towards Rua Reidh Lighthouse, you will find Tarhuna, a modern 3 bedroom cottage, all on one level with ramp access. From its elevated position in the village of Aultgrishan/ Melvaig, you can enjoy ever changing, panoramic views across the Minch to Skye, Harris and Lewis. Great for walking, wildlife, photography, fishing, beach combing or just relaxing and enjoying the peace and tranquillity.
- Entrance porch with ample storage and hanging space
- Utility room with washing machine, dryer.
- Large bright comfortable lounge and dining room with TV, DVD and Radio/CD player, with patio doors leading into the garden.
- Fully equipped, breakfasting kitchen with fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, sandwich toaster, and a good range of dishes and cooking pots and utensils.
- 1 double bedroom with en-suite toilet and shower, plus 2 twin bedded rooms
- Duvets and pillows are supplied. Duvet covers, sheets, pillow slips and towels can be provided at an extra cost.
- Bathroom with electric shower over bath
The coastal area is a haven for sea birds and marine life e.g. Common Seals, Grey seals, Bottlenose Dolphins, Minke Whales, Basking Sharks, Porpoise, Otters, Guillemot, Skuas, Oystercatchers, Divers, and Sea eagles.
You have easy, direct road access to the shore from the village. A small jetty gives quick and easy access to the sea. There is also a small sandy area, ideal for parents with young children to paddle and play. Going back towards Gairloch you find Sands Caravan and Camping Park, where you can access a beautiful sandy beach, partially hidden behind sand dunes. It has a very well stocked Shop and Café/Restaurant. You can hire road bikes, mountain bikes and children’s bikes.
In the larger village of Gairloch you will find a variety of shops and quality restaurants.
Aultgrishan village The Jetty at Melvaig
Tarhuna's garden and the view across towards Skye at Sunset